Is this a "gateway drug"?

It will come as no surprise to those who intimately know me but I love making my own products!

It started with a simple body butter. Some in the natural community say, "shea butter is a gateway drug to holistic hygiene care" and I would be inclined to agree! I've perfected my body butter recipe over the years and it is a velvety whipped dream consisting of mango and shea butters, almond and jojoba oil and natural essential oils to name a few of the ingredients. My body butter protected my skin through pregnancy leaving me with no visible reminders of my big round belly and has since protected my son's delicate baby skin. It's pretty much the bomb.com.

Once I found the key to happiness with my body butter, I started experimenting with other holistic hygiene care products. In addition to my body butter, I've finally perfected the following recipes:

1. My natural bentonite clay based deodorant
2. My botantical essential oil perfume
3. My "kitchen beautician" hair gel
4. My natural fresh breath toothpaste


In the end, what's most important to me is transparency on what I'm putting in my body. I love creating things with my hands whether that means tending to my potted garden, making a meal for my son or creating natural hygiene products for myself and my family. So yes. Shea butter is a gateway drug but it's a gateway drug that has opened up an entire universal I never knew I couldn't live without.

- Be the light - Tiffany


Popular Posts